Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Junior Bodybuilder

Default Frank Zane Photos-Videos & Competitive Record

My Favorite Bodybuilder With Great Body and Best Lines!

Frank Zane Double Pose!

Frank Zane Vacuum Pose (1,2,3,4)

Frank Zane at Gym!

Frank Zane Exercise Legs! (1,2,3)

Shawn Ray Vs Frank Zane

Frank Zane Vs Markus Ruhl

Front Picture!

Back Picture!

Frank Zane at Olympia 1983!

Download Attachment:
    Frank Zane at Olympia 1983.jpg
    37.68 KB

Frank Zane At Age 18 in First Steps!

Frank Zane 57 Years Old!

Frank Zane 64 Years Old Unbelievable!

[u]Frank Zane's Details</u>:

Name: Frank Zane
    Nickname: The Chemist
    Born: June 28, 1942
    Birthplace: Kingston, Pennsylvania, USA
    Zodiac Sign: Cancer
    Smoke & Drink: No/No
    Favorite BB: Steve Reeves
    Education: College graduate
    Income: $250,000 and Higher
    Height: 5'9" (1.80 m)
    Arms: 18 ½" (46.99 cm)
    Off Season Weight: 200 lbs (90.72 kg)
    Competition Weight: 180-185 lbs (81.65-83.91 kg)

[u]Frank Zane's Interests</u>:

Chemistry
    Meditation
    Mathematics
    Bodybuilding
    Personal Training

[u]Frank Zane's Companies</u>:

Zane Experience PO Box 4088
    La Mesa California US Ca 91944

[u]Competitive Record</u>:

1983 Olympia - IFBB, 4th
    1982 Olympia - IFBB, 2nd
    1980 Olympia - IFBB, 3rd
    1979 Olympia - IFBB, LightWeight, 1st
    1979 Olympia - IFBB, Overall Winner
    1978 Olympia - IFBB, 1st
    1977 Olympia - IFBB, Short, 1st
    1977 Olympia - IFBB, 1st
    1976 Olympia - IFBB, LightWeight, 2nd
    1975 Olympia - IFBB, LightWeight, 4th
    1974 Olympia - IFBB, LightWeight, 2nd
    1972 Universe - Pro - NABBA, Short, 1st
    1972 Universe - Pro - NABBA, Overall Winner
    1972 Olympia - IFBB, 4th
    1971 Universe - Pro - NABBA, Short, 1st
    1970 Universe - NABBA, Medium, 1st
    1970 Universe - NABBA, Overall Winner
    1969 Mr World - IFBB, Medium, 1st
    1969 Mr World - IFBB, Overall Winner
    1968 Universe - IFBB, Short, 1st
    1968 Universe - IFBB, 1st
    1968 Mr International, Overall Winner
    1968 Mr America - IFBB, Medium, 1st
    1968 Mr America - IFBB, Overall Winner
    1967 Mr America - IFBB, Medium, 1st
    1966 Mr America - IFBB, Medium, 1st
    1965 Universe - IFBB, Medium, 1st
    1965 Mr Sunshine State, 1st
    1963 Mr Keystone, 2nd
    1962 Mr Keystone, 1st
    1961 Mr Pennsylvania, 17th

[u]Books by Frank Zane</u>:

Total Training For The Total Body (1976)
    Developing A Classic Muscular Upper Body (1976)
    How To Develop Championship Legs and a Small Waistline (1976)
    Building A Quality Physique (1976)
    How I Won The Mr America, Mr Universe,and Mr World Titles(1976)
    Secrets of Advanced Bodybuilding (1976)
    The Mind In Bodybuilding (1977)
    On Posing (Course #7) (1977)
    Zane Super-Nutrition Cookbook (1978)
    At a Zane Bodybuilding Seminar (1978)
    The Zane Way to a Beautiful Body (first published 1979)
    Super Bodies in 12 Weeks (first published 1981)
    Zane Nutrition (first published 1986)
    Fabulously Fit Forever (first published 1992)
    Fabulously Fit Forever Expanded (first published 1996)
    Frank Zane: Mind, Body, Spirit (first published 1997)
    Fabulously Fit Forever (re-published in 1998)
    Frank Zane Training Manual (first published 2006)

[u]Plus</u>:
    Finally, as far as publications go, since 1998, Frank Zane
    has written a newsletter (published four times a year)
    entitled Frank Zane Newsletter, that provides the latest
    information in all aspects of bodybuilding and to also promote
    the aesthetic physique.

[u]Web Sites</u>:

www.frankzane.com
    www.myspace.com/frankzane
    www.schwarzenegger.it/mro/zane.html
    www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Zane
    www.legendaryfitness.com/frank_zane.htm
    www.musclememory.com/show.php?a=Zane,+Frank

[u]Videos</u>:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTCcPdiefv0 (Posing Olympia Competition 1983)
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwaAzzr7wXw (Posing Olympia Competition 1982)
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvddwdrsefc (Posing Olympia Competition 1980)
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws4JA0226w4 (Posing Olympia Competition 1979)

[u]Flex Magazine Workouts</u>:

Leg Training
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYhEaoUmAVk

Chest (1,2)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dnsf-VtaH3Q
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNEpMEmqeAg

Triceps
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0OxJjDDA9o

Biceps
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UDwvOVthzA

Saturday March 4th 2006
    Arnold Classic Expo Christian Boeving & Frank Zane
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/2006arnold_vid.htm

Junior Bodybuilder

[u]FRANK ZANE FOTOS 2002</u>

Frank & Christine Zane

Frank & Friend Stephen Lee [Foto 1,2]

[u]FRANK ZANE ANOTHER FOTOS</u>

Frank with Guitar March 2003

Frank Pose 1942

Junior Bodybuilder

[u]FRANK ZANE FOTOS 2002</u>

Frank & Christine Zane

Frank & Friend Stephen Lee [Foto 1,2]

[u]FRANK ZANE ANOTHER FOTOS</u>

Frank with Guitar March 2003

Frank Pose 1942

<div align="left">Κι εγώ πιστεύω οτι το σώμα του Frank Zane είναι το πλέον ιδανικό δεν είναι πρώτη φορά που το λέω εδώ στο forum...

Ήθελα να γράψω μερικά πράγματα για τα stomach-vacuums απο άρθρο του Zane στο Muscle & Fitness. O Zane με λίγα λόγια, λέει σ' αυτό το άρθρο οτι η λεπτή μέση του, ήταν κατά μεγάλο βαθμό αποτέλεσμα των stomach-vacuums.

Να πώ την αμαρτία μου βαριόμουνα να το μεταφράσω :D οπότε θα το γράψω όπως είναι :

" Stay Hungry Longer

by Frank Zane, Mr. Olympia 1977-79

My secret to a small waist-line is staying hungry longer. While other practices are necessary too, becoming more comfortable in the presence of hunger is the key aspect of my abdominal program. Only then can I practice diaphragm and abdominal control with stomach vacuums, which can't be done on a full stomach.

At the first pangs of hunger, take a minute to vacuum : Bend forward at the waist with your hands on your knees and exhale the last vestiges of air from your lungs, tensing your abdominal muscles. Hold it... now instead of inhaling, suck your gut in by using your diaphragm - a powerful area of your body between the stomach and lungs. Imagine you can draw in your abs so far that they touch the spinal erector muscles of your lower back. The more you practice, the longer you can hold the full vacuum and the smaller your waistline gets.

One of the many valuable things I learned from Arnold Schwarzenegger between 1969 and 1979, when we trained together, was the urgency of practicing vacuuming the last month before competition. We always did it on an empty stomach when we were hungry. I started with stage 1 vacuuming (because it's easier) for 20 seconds and then did the same thing with my hands behind my head for five sets of 30 seconds. This became my final pose in my posing routine - the stomach-vacuum pose. My waist got smaller and smaller because I got better at controlling the profile of my waistline......

Most people want a small, muscular waistline because the abs are the center of the body, where the eyes gravitate most readily. My way of getting this sought-after development is to stay hungry longer, vacuum and do abdominal work.

The nice thing about doing stomach vacuums is that they take only a few minutes. The rest of my body becomes more defined as all my muscles stand out in bold relief. Ab work is also important, but I found that too much ab work gave me a shore lower back. A simple, quick routine I practice is two sets of 30 reps of hanging knee raises and two sets of 30 crunches. Also, any activities that tense the abdominals - like playing a wind musical instrument or simply tensing your abs during your workout - will add to your ab development.

Vacuuming creates the opposite effect of eating a lot of food at one time, wich leaves you feeling bloated. Vacuuming at the first sensation of hunger helped me to stay hungry a little longer. I always dropped a few pounds in bodyweight the more I did this, but it seemed a fair price to pay for a small, muscular waistline. You might say that vacuuming helped me clean up my act of competition. "

Δεν νομίζω οτι υπάρχουν πια bodybuilders που να κάνουν stomach-vacuums. Πάντως ο Zane λέει πως τον βοηθήσανε πολύ.

Όποιος έχει όρεξη μπορεί να το δοκιμάσει, εγώ κάποτε το είχα κάνει για κάποια περίοδο, αλλά ούτως ή άλλως έχω λεπτή μέση :D

Επίσης μπορείτε να αρχίσετε και το κλαρινέτο :D :D , τα πνευστά βοηθάνε το λέει και ο Zane.

Πάντως οτι έχω διαβάσει δεν ξεχνιέται με τίποτα :D. Το άρθρο αυτό ήταν απο το M&F April 1997, και το θυμόμουνα οτι το διάβασα, ακόμη και τί έγραφε μέσες άκρες [:-glasses] [:-graduate]. </div id="left">

<div align="left">Κι εγώ πιστεύω οτι το σώμα του Frank Zane είναι το πλέον ιδανικό δεν είναι πρώτη φορά που το λέω εδώ στο forum...

Ήθελα να γράψω μερικά πράγματα για τα stomach-vacuums απο άρθρο του Zane στο Muscle & Fitness. O Zane με λίγα λόγια, λέει σ' αυτό το άρθρο οτι η λεπτή μέση του, ήταν κατά μεγάλο βαθμό αποτέλεσμα των stomach-vacuums.

Να πώ την αμαρτία μου βαριόμουνα να το μεταφράσω :D οπότε θα το γράψω όπως είναι :

" Stay Hungry Longer

by Frank Zane, Mr. Olympia 1977-79

My secret to a small waist-line is staying hungry longer. While other practices are necessary too, becoming more comfortable in the presence of hunger is the key aspect of my abdominal program. Only then can I practice diaphragm and abdominal control with stomach vacuums, which can't be done on a full stomach.

At the first pangs of hunger, take a minute to vacuum : Bend forward at the waist with your hands on your knees and exhale the last vestiges of air from your lungs, tensing your abdominal muscles. Hold it... now instead of inhaling, suck your gut in by using your diaphragm - a powerful area of your body between the stomach and lungs. Imagine you can draw in your abs so far that they touch the spinal erector muscles of your lower back. The more you practice, the longer you can hold the full vacuum and the smaller your waistline gets.

One of the many valuable things I learned from Arnold Schwarzenegger between 1969 and 1979, when we trained together, was the urgency of practicing vacuuming the last month before competition. We always did it on an empty stomach when we were hungry. I started with stage 1 vacuuming (because it's easier) for 20 seconds and then did the same thing with my hands behind my head for five sets of 30 seconds. This became my final pose in my posing routine - the stomach-vacuum pose. My waist got smaller and smaller because I got better at controlling the profile of my waistline......

Most people want a small, muscular waistline because the abs are the center of the body, where the eyes gravitate most readily. My way of getting this sought-after development is to stay hungry longer, vacuum and do abdominal work.

The nice thing about doing stomach vacuums is that they take only a few minutes. The rest of my body becomes more defined as all my muscles stand out in bold relief. Ab work is also important, but I found that too much ab work gave me a shore lower back. A simple, quick routine I practice is two sets of 30 reps of hanging knee raises and two sets of 30 crunches. Also, any activities that tense the abdominals - like playing a wind musical instrument or simply tensing your abs during your workout - will add to your ab development.

Vacuuming creates the opposite effect of eating a lot of food at one time, wich leaves you feeling bloated. Vacuuming at the first sensation of hunger helped me to stay hungry a little longer. I always dropped a few pounds in bodyweight the more I did this, but it seemed a fair price to pay for a small, muscular waistline. You might say that vacuuming helped me clean up my act of competition. "

Δεν νομίζω οτι υπάρχουν πια bodybuilders που να κάνουν stomach-vacuums. Πάντως ο Zane λέει πως τον βοηθήσανε πολύ.

Όποιος έχει όρεξη μπορεί να το δοκιμάσει, εγώ κάποτε το είχα κάνει για κάποια περίοδο, αλλά ούτως ή άλλως έχω λεπτή μέση :D

Επίσης μπορείτε να αρχίσετε και το κλαρινέτο :D :D , τα πνευστά βοηθάνε το λέει και ο Zane.

Πάντως οτι έχω διαβάσει δεν ξεχνιέται με τίποτα :D. Το άρθρο αυτό ήταν απο το M&F April 1997, και το θυμόμουνα οτι το διάβασα, ακόμη και τί έγραφε μέσες άκρες [:-glasses] [:-graduate]. </div id="left">

Junior Bodybuilder

Richard & Frank Zane (Spring of 1979)

Ετσι! Αυτες ηταν ωραιες εποχες!!

Σχετικα με το ab vacuum,αυτο που κανει ειναι να δημιουργει μια ψευδαισθηση μιας πιο μαζεμενης κοιλιας? Δουλευει?

Ετσι! Αυτες ηταν ωραιες εποχες!!

Σχετικα με το ab vacuum,αυτο που κανει ειναι να δημιουργει μια ψευδαισθηση μιας πιο μαζεμενης κοιλιας? Δουλευει?

Junior Bodybuilder

Mitkas21 Το Link που έβαλες το έχω βάλει από την ημέρα που
    έφτιαξα αυτό το Topic στην 1 σελίδα!

Billy15 Ναι δουλεύει για τα καλά, το κάνω κατα καιρούς
    και βλέπω αποτελέσματα, βέβαια δεν σημένει πως σταματάς
    τους κλασικούς κοιλιακούς,μικραίνει την περιφέρεια της μέσης!

Junior Bodybuilder

Mitkas21 Το Link που έβαλες το έχω βάλει από την ημέρα που
    έφτιαξα αυτό το Topic στην 1 σελίδα!

Billy15 Ναι δουλεύει για τα καλά, το κάνω κατα καιρούς
    και βλέπω αποτελέσματα, βέβαια δεν σημένει πως σταματάς
    τους κλασικούς κοιλιακούς,μικραίνει την περιφέρεια της μέσης!

Από σεμινάριο του Frank Zane (1977):

Ερ.: Πιστεύεις ότι η διατροφή αποτελεί το 80% της επιτυχίας στο bodybuilding;

Απ.: Τα συμπληρώματα είναι μόνο το ένα σκέλος. Σαν τον ?ρνολντ όταν ήταν στα πρώτα στάδια της προπόνησής του το '69 και το '70. Χρησιμοποιούσε τεράστιες ποσότητες συμπληρωμάτων. Μετά στα τελευταία του αγωνιστικά χρόνια, '73, '74 και '75, δεν χρησιμοποίησε καθόλου συμπληρώματα. Παρόλα αυτά, κατάφερε πάλι να φτάσει σε φανταστική φόρμα. Μπορείς να τα καταφέρεις και με αυτά, και χωρίς αυτά. 'Εχουν πολλά οφέλη. Ορισμένοι άνθρωποι δεν τα χρειάζονται. Αυτό δεν σημαίνει ότι θα γινόντουσαν καλύτεροι αν τα χρησιμοποιούσαν, αυτό δεν το γνωρίζουμε. Ο τρόπος που προσεγγίζω το θέμα της προπόνησης είναι ο εξής. Δεν υπάρχει ένα μόνο πράγμα που κάνει τη διαφορά. Δεν είναι ούτε η προπόνηση, ούτε η διατροφή, ούτε η εγκεφαλική προσέγγιση, ούτε πόσο ύπνο κάνεις. Δεν είναι κανένα από αυτά, είναι όλα μαζί. Δεν μπορείς να βασίζεσαι σε ένα μόνο πράγμα ως το μυστικό για επιτυχία στο bodybuilding. Κάθε τι από μόνο του μπορεί να συνεισφέρει και λίγο στην προπόνησή σου, ή μπορεί να μη συνεισφέρει καθόλου. Βάλτα όλα μαζί, και αυτό που λαμβάνουμε καλείται συνεργατικό φαινόμενο. Ο συνδυασμός όλων μαζί, δίνουν περισσότερα αποτελέσματα από το επιμέρους άθροισμά τους.

Flex Wheeler and Frank Zane, δύο μύθοι του bodybuilding μαζί (2003).

ωραιος!!!
    mr o

Bodybuilding Newbie

θΕΟΣ, Ο ΗΡΩΑΣ ΜΟΥ ΑΠΟ ΤΟΤΕ ΠΟΥ ΗΜΟΥΝ 15 ΧΡΟΝΩΝ ... ΘΕΟΣ ΛΕΜΕΕΕΕΕΕΕ

Junior Bodybuilder

Junior Bodybuilder

M@λ@κία να γερνάς και να χάνεις τη φόρμα σου... Κάποιος που δεν σταματάει ποτέ τη γυμναστική (και είναι "φυσικός"), από ποια ηλικία και
    μετά αρχίζει και χάνει τη φόρμα του, και πότε αρχίζει να μην έχει νόημα αυτό που κάνει, στην εξωτερική του εμφάνιση? [:-bulb][:-graduate]
    "Αν δεν μάθεις να κάνεις προπόνηση για σαρκόπλασμα, προκοπή δε θα δεις!"

Bulking mode

Αν δεν έχεις χρόνο να το κάνεις σωστά, πρέπει να 'χεις χρόνο να το κάνεις ξανά!

Eat Less, Lift Moderate, Rest a Lot!!!
    Current status: Eating crap, Lifting Nothing, Resting... NOT!!!

M@λ@κία να γερνάς και να χάνεις τη φόρμα σου... Κάποιος που δεν σταματάει ποτέ τη γυμναστική (και είναι "φυσικός"), από ποια ηλικία και
    μετά αρχίζει και χάνει τη φόρμα του, και πότε αρχίζει να μην έχει νόημα αυτό που κάνει, στην εξωτερική του εμφάνιση? [:-bulb][:-graduate]

Bulking mode

Unworthy

<blockquote id=quote>Quote:Originally posted by FaTaL_ErrOr

</blockquote id=quote>

πολυ νωριτερα απο εναν μη φυσικο
    γιατι ο μη φυσικος θα εχει με εξωγενη βοηθεια στο αιμα του την ποσοτητα ορμονων που εχει ενας 20χρονος

Unworthy

</blockquote id=quote>

πολυ νωριτερα απο εναν μη φυσικο
    γιατι ο μη φυσικος θα εχει με εξωγενη βοηθεια στο αιμα του την ποσοτητα ορμονων που εχει ενας 20χρονος

gigenis... Χάρηκα ρε φίλε :D:D:D...

Γι' αυτό τονίζω "φυσικός"...

Bulking mode

Unworthy

gigenis... Χάρηκα ρε φίλε :D:D:D...

Γι' αυτό τονίζω "φυσικός"...
    </blockquote id=quote>

ok
    λοιπον οσο ζει και γυμναζεται θα εχει οφελη
    ενας 80χρονος που γυμναζεται θα ειναι ποιο σφιχτος ποιο αθλητικος σε ποιο καλη μοιρα απο εναν 80χρονο που δεν γυμναζεται

δεν υπαρχει ηλικια που γυμναζεσαι και δεν εχεις οφελη

τωρα για την φορμα που λες

μετα τα 40 υπαρχει μια φυσιολογικη πτωση μειωνονται οι ορμονες που παραγει το σωμα

Thread Information